Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

HR's story

Once upon a time, back in the days before tumblr and all the other social networking sites, there was a site devoted to hundreds of photos of old men, and fiction. It was an inspiration for this site.
The owner was simply known as either hroland or hroland47.
I called him HR. The site has long gone, and it is possible that HR may have gone as well. I've tried to contact him via email, without success. His storytelling is interesting and I believe it's worth re-telling the stories rather let them sink without trace in the web slush pit. I kept the stories I enjoyed, and I'm sharing some them here to help keep them alive. I've refined and lightly edited some of his stories, and illustrated them with images that I hope HR would like; but otherwise they're presented as is.
HR, if you're out there, somewhere, thank you for your efforts back-in-the-day when there was nothing around. You were like a lifeline to a young man who thought he was the only person in the world interested in old men.
Please feel free to drop me a note.
Love, Father Bocce


No comments: